Re: link I can't download from

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:45:14 -0700

Hal, the firewall may well be your problem. I have found that by disabling the
firewall that I was then able to proceed with my download. The problem may also
be with your virus program or with your internet security level.
Firewall: To disable the firewall, go to start menu, settings and control
panel.
Hit the letter W and you should hear Windows Firewall. Enter here and there
will
be an option to disable the firewall.
Be sure and turn the firewall back on as soon as you have finished downloading.
Internet: In your internet security settings under tools and options, you can
allow certain sites access. I can't recall the exact steps at the moment but it
should say something like allow access or block access. You can type in the
exact address of the site you wish to allow.
I have done this as well but usually go back and disallow this option after my
download is complete. I am quite paranoid when it comes to hackers but am
likely
getting them anyway.