Re: length of jaws training

  • From: oflare <oflare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 05:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

Just wanted to briefly add my voice. I teach JAWS at
my local (small) Blind Association. I have things
set-up where I teach it in three "parts."

That is, I have six sessions (once a week) that are
two hours each. The first part is "JAWS Basics." So,
that training is 12 hours and most of them don't have
a computer at home.

Then I have "JAWS Intermediate" for six weeks, two
hours a week. Finally, "JAWS Advance" for 12 more
hours. Thus, a total of 36 hours over 18 weeks.

Note, I also teach other classes (MAGic and Talking
Typer), so there may be a break between the parts,
because this is not my main job.

William O'Flaherty