RE: jfw9 and tv tuner cards

  • From: "Kevin Prince" <kprince@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:29:01 +1300

Hi Ted,

Seriously intrigued by the Darci - I used to work with guys who were
doing 40wpm and that was a one-way ticket to the madhouse. Typically the
guys I know in the military were in the mid 20's wpm and that has to be
approaching what I achieve as a 2-fingered typist. Respect.

As to the tuner cards it should be fairly easy to set up a series of
frames to enable JAWs to navigate around the buttons, each frame can be
allocated a keystroke which is active when the tuner is running and then
you'll be away. You may need to get your head around the JAWS cursor if
you aren't already a user to set it up or maybe get some assistance from
a local AT consultant. Scripting may also help but it probably doesn't
need to be that hard. Do you have any examples of the software that I
can link to?

Good luck

Kevin Prince
Adaptive Technology Consultant
Technology Employment and Awareness Division Royal New Zealand
Foundation of the Blind Te Tuapapa o te Hunga Kapo o Aotearoa
96 Bristol St
Christchurch
Phone: +64-3-375-4333
Fax: +64-3-355-9151
Mobile: +64-27-245-6687
For Adaptive Technology Helpdesk enquiries: call 0800-24-33-33
Website: http://www.rnzfb.org.nz