jfw10 and windows live messenger

Hello,
I'm running jfw10. and am getting msn messenger contacts. I've heard
that Windows messenger works well with jfw, but this install doesn't
have it. On atempting to download i'm seeing references to windows
live messenger the next messenger platform. I'm wondering how well
windows live messenger works with jfw specifically v10?
Thanks.
Dave.