jfw mail list?

Hi, every time I open my digest of jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, my computer gets very
sluggish.  I have to wait about 3 or 4 minutes to even hear the preamble of
this list.  I get lots of mail and jfw freelists is the only one that is
this way.  I sometimes have to go to the site to read posts and replies.  It
is sluggish there too.  I even have to re-boot at most times.  Are there
others with this problem? Can anyone give some ideas of why this is?
Please!! send your reply directly, I probably won't be able to read it.
Andy