Re: jfw crashing with windows 7

If you are experiencing the same problem I do on Vista then neither of
those will help because the problem is a known bug in the underlying
visual c++ run-time libraries.  Until that gets a stable fix jaws is
going to crash.

You could try a different version of jaws I suppose.  Personally I've
just gotten used to restarting it frequently.

On 1/7/10, michael <mkizer02@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> well what would you suggest a reinstall of jaws or a windows reinstall
>

> On 1/7/2010 9:25 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
>> I have on Vista.  When I submit the issue to MS they come back saying
>> it is known and there is a fix for the one I experience.  However, the
>> page about the fix says that it is recommended that it not be
>> installed unless absolutely necessary because the fix can cause
>> programs that work right now to fail.
>>
>> On 1/7/10, michael<mkizer02@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>
>>> hi list has anyone had issues with jfw 11 crashing i'm using win 7
>>> --
>>> JFW related links:
>>> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
>>> Alternative archives located at:
>>> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html

>>> the
>>> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact
>>> the
>>> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>

> --
> JFW related links: