Re: jfw 5.0 and 5.1 won't launch

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:53:32 -0700

My folks computer is a 2.0ghz P4 with 256 MB of ram.  It has nortin
internet security and jaws takes a very long time to come up.  Once the
system is up it runns well.  If you have Nortin Internet security this may
cause your system to take a long time.  Just my current theory.

"david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/14/2004 04:00 AM
Please respond to jfw

        To:     <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: jfw 5.0 and 5.1 won't launch

are you saying that you have to wait 5 minutes during boot for jfw to
start?
If so, It seems as though a lot or something huge is loading at start up
but
that also depends on what system you have.  I had a system that used to
take
almost 10 minutes to start.  I got a bigger hd and fixed a ram problam I
was
having and with 128 mb ram and a 20gb hd, it runs fine with xp pro but I
don't se eloquence.

Johnnie Apple Seed