jaws on cd.

  • From: Cheryl <celleefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:26:42 -0500

hi, everyone. I did some searching on google and figured out how to put
jaws on a cd. if you're running xp, copy the jaws folder you want to a cd,
I used a cdrw, but you can use a cdr, if you want. Then, open notepad, and
copy the following two lines into the untitled document:
[autorun]
open=Jaws510\jfw.exe

substitute the jaws version number for whatever version you want, for
example, put jaws50, or whichever version you want. save this file, call it
autorun.inf
then copy this autorun file to the cd where you coppied the jfw folder, and
you should be all set. note: in xp, you can use the write these files to cd
button, under cd writing tasks. if you can't find it, just tab over from
your listview, and you should see it. Write your two files to a cd, then
you should be all set. another note: I've tried this, and it does work. I'm
going to try it again tomorow on a computer that has no jaws on it, since i
have 5.0 installed. mine came up no problem from the cd. I'll let you all
know if it works or not. I'm sorry for rambling, if there's anything anyone
doesn't understand, feel free to write me off list at celleefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx