jaws installation problem

  • From: "Gery Gaubert" <ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:15:30 -0600

I am doing some training for a client in Mississippi.  When jaws was installed
on her computer no braille displays were installed.  She is now going to use a
braillenote as a display.  When I try to modify jaws I am not given any choices
for braille displays.  With the quela version of jfw I would uninstall jfw and
then reinstall making sure I chose a braille display.  This particular
installation is on an xp machine using 5.1 with ILM.  I am hesitant to
uninstall because of the internet activation required for jfw and this client
doesn't have internet access.  The company that sold her the display used their
connection when it was originally setup.  Any advice would be appreciated.