Re: jaws and headphones

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:30:16 -0700

if you have a volume control on the set, try moving the control around, not
only in the directions its supposed to move (I have a set that looses one ear
if I go completely against the stop for full volume, but a tiny bit back from
that and it works fine) but in other directions that there not supposed to go
(got a pair in this condition, had to tape the volume control with the slide
bar pressed to the left to get them to work properly) cheap or some times even
good micro volume units can wear out and/or loose true contact due to dirt,
ware, bad construction, a number of reasons, so wiggle and see.

if not then start searching, jr electronics mail order in New York seems to
have a good selection.

laters,
elf