Re: jaws and ftp cliant

  • From: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:37:56 -0500

Another suggestion is o use internet explorer.  Often, putting ftp:// bfore
the address in the address bar, open dialog or the run dialog will provide
access.  You can even do this with password protected accounts although the
string for doing it is not streight forward.  It works well for anonymous
ftp though which I suspect is what you will be doing.  Once there, jaws
reads the information as though it were a web page.

There are other programs that are nice in fact, One I think it was cute ftp
that I used would download the read me and open it up in note pad
automatically if it was a text file.