Re: jaws and chase bank

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 07:29:22 -0800

Adrian,

That's it exactly, in organizational terms.  Why, who knows.  But the customer
support staff, whether inept or skillful, informed about Web design and/or
screen readers or not, was, to a person, decent, respectful and
well-intentioned.  Even in an upper stratum of the firm I was received in a
very civil manner, as I said, but in the end it all came to nothing, so far as
I'm aware.

If I'm the only blind or vision-impaired online customer for that bank, and you
are, too, then we have an interesting phenomenon, don't we.  I mean at the
level of logic.  Not to mention, I'd have to guess, the hundreds or so of other
blind and low vision screen reader-using bank customers who are *also* the only
such ones.

Hmmm.  Well, there's a little bit of humor to be squeezed from this, anyway.
From: "james h" <aradioman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings all happy holidays from denver, okay if anyone is using chase.com for
their banking running in to a problem don't know if it is jaws related. using
jaws 7.0 trying to sign up for their alerts which give you info on your account
but keep getting s error that says unavailable. anone successfully signed up
for these services. my msn happy_james_2454@xxxxxxxxxxx aim GoldenVoice1954

PM