jaws 9 upgrade problems

  • From: Shan Noyes <shan.noyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:37:32 -0600

Hi:

Was wondering if anyone out there has had the problem of not being able to
upgrade jaws 9

the issue I've got is that after checking for an update in the help menu
and selecting it the upgrade downloads then the installer checks to see if
I've got enough space and then I get the following error

The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\9.0\SETTINGS\enu\winamp.jcf.

I'm working on a windows xp pro system my account has developers rights,
and I've also tried to do the upgrade with an account that has full admin
rights on the work station.

note the rights on the file are  show that the admin user has full rights.

note: I've even tried to uninstall the program jaws and have been
unsuccessful as well.  any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Shan Noyes
S.C.S.A 7, S.C.S.A 8, GCIH, GAWN, GSIP, GGSC-0200, GHTQ
Technical Analyst - Corporate Security
SaskTel
Phone: 306-777-4830, Cell: 306-533-1440