jaws 9 suddenly develops inability to see things in Vista

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:17:58 -0400

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with the latest version of jaws 9 and Vista
with sp1.

When I first load jaws it cannot read many items in list dialogs (such
as it's own insert+f11 to show you the systray items).  It knows an item
is there, it just can't see any text.

I unload it and reload it and all is ok for quite a while.  Something
happens however, eventually, and I end up in the same predicament, and
have to unload and reload.

I've noticed when it happens I cannot read outlook ;list items, or
outlook messages either, but shift-tabbing through the windows will read
to me the window titles.  jaws isn't dead or hung, it just suddently
can't see most things.

It didn't do this when I first got the Dell and Vista, but since then
jaws has been updated and so has vista.  I've installed software on the
Dell as well (but not drivers myself, maybe someone were updated).

It has an NVidia graphics card.

Any ideas as to what's happening, or what I should try when this
happens?

thanks.

Chip

Chip Orange