RE: jaws 7

  • From: "Jim Grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:39:23 -0800

Hi, go to the jaws control pannel jaws key j.  This works yard bird no
matter how you have desided to load jaws.
Now press alt o.
Now press b.  This opens a dialog.  Tab over to the option to run jaws
from  system tray press the space bar to check this option tab over to
ok and press enter or press enter if there is nothing else you want to
change here the next time you start jaws it will be out of the way in
the system tray.
Note in the new version you do not need to make a hot key just press
windows+r
Type jaws7 press enter and jaws will come up.  As jaws 7.  if you deside
to go back to five for a while press jaws key f4 enter.
Now windows+r jaws51 press enter.
To change your punchuation go to the options menu by pressing  jaws key
j.  Press the letter o if you have it loaded in the system tray or alt o
if you do not.
Now press the letter v.  This will open the voices  sub menu.
Now press the letter g.  This will open the global voices dialog not a
sub menu yard bird.  Now tab over to the punchuation
Combo box.  Select the level you want with the arrow keys.  There is no
need to press alt+downarrow to open this combo box yard bird.  Now once
you are done press enter you will be returned to the jaws control pannel
if you do not have it loaded in the system tray if you do  you will
return to the program you were working with before you accessed the jaws
control pannel.
Hth
jim grimsby
msn: jim.grimsby@xxxxxxx