Re: jaws 6.1 and outlook express

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:33:50 -0600

The reason I mentioned the script manager at all is because the behaviour
changed from one version of JFW to the next.  In fact, it seems to be
reversed.  Pressing delete key in a message list simply moves to the next
message in the list without announcing "message deleted" or "deleted".
Before, this happened when deleting a message while viewing it.

This has been a major topic since I joined the list a few days ago.

I have to admit I am quite confused about verbosity settings.  Are the
messages that are spoken when you press a key like that in OE "JAWS
messages"?  I switched to advanced verbosity and set my advanced verbosity
to not speak JAWS messages but that didn't work.

I think we would be happy to know just how to stop the delete key from
talking by using a menu.  BTW:  I don't think it is a key label.