Re: jaws 6.1 and outlook express

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:23:09 -0700

Hi,
I'm a Jaws user for over five years and have found, in my own experience,
that a lot of the things that are discussed here are often factors that can
be dealt with just by using the Jaws menu options and the configuration
manager adjustments.

For instance, if you don't care for Jaws explaining too much as you launch
an application, and would rather it said  no more than that you were now in
Word and a new document was open onscreen, all you'd do is go to a menu
option in the Jaws interface itself and just designate by checking or
unchecking an item in a menu that you wanted short messages.

Now, this may or may not apply here; I can't figure out what it is that
seems so annoyingly verbose about the way Outlook Express opens an email.
But Jaws is designed to accomplish an awful lot of things according to your
preference by just using its menus and the various areas of the
configuration manager.  I think scripting is pretty much a power user deal,
and I respect those people who are into scripting.  but I'd suggest that the
first thing to investigate should always just be the Jaws adjustment
possibilities that are already right there and available, not assume a need
to reprogram something, immediately.

Sorry if I am not understanding your complaint about Outlook Express.  But
again, knowing just to maximize a message when you open it, and things like
this, and becoming comfortable with the Jaws reading key commands, are
basic, before you find yourself thinking of scripting at every turn.
soprograminstqaence, nstwance isntance,
From: "Joanne" <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx>