jaws 6.0 or 6.1

  • From: "gery gaubert" <ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:53:27 -0500

I made the switch to 6.1 but went back to 6.0.  I lost my braille display
and ability to use remote access.  I will try again in a few days when I
have time and sighted help.  For the most part I am well satisfied with
freedom scientific.  I used to program and know what that is like.  If one
screen reader was that much better than the other everyone would jump ship.
I agree  not all improvments are what the majority wants but you can't have
it all.  I for one use remote access for my job and saw no big problem
paying for this.  Others have no clue what this is or anything about it.
That is ok too.  SOme of you use word and excel, I use word to type memos or
notes and will naver use have of the commands that are available.  Take for
example, all of the jaws commands.  I don't use all of the jfw commands
because I depent on braille and can read faster than I can listen.  I guess
what I am trying to say is that be thankful for what you do have and be
patient.  Window eyes has it's draw backs and if you subscribe to their
mailing list you will see that not everyone is happy with it either.  I
would like to have both windoweyes and jfw but can't afford that.