jaws 6 and Kurzweil 1000 v 9 conflict

  • From: "Debbie Kessler" <jessesgirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:36:36 -0700

Hi all,
I am new to this list, just joined today. my name is Debbie. I've been using
jaws for 9 years now.  I teach adaptive software on computers at Fullerton
Community College. I have been on previous jaws lists in the past but lost
contact during moves and or computer crashes. Anyway, At work, we are on a
network; where as at home I'm on a stand alone laptop.
I have a problem for which I cannot seem to solve. If this is a problem
previously discussed on this list, I am sorry. Then please lead me to the
archives.

The problems I will describe are periodical.

Sometimes jaws won't load or is loaded but not speaking. There is no icon in
either the systray or task bar. But, I can find the executable file in the task
manager. This occurs when I have Kurzweil 1000 v. 9 installed on my system.
Once I uninstall Kurzweil, jaws seems to have no problem.

I am running on Windows xp, serpac 1, professional. My order of installation
was: ZT, jaws 6 from jaws 5.1, and K-3000, K-1000. I do not have anything
starting automatically upon boot.

I guess that is it in a nutshell. Any help anyone can lend is greatly
appreciated.

Debbie & Jessie