re: installing data CD on windowws media player

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:33:54 -0500

Judith,

If I understand you corectly, you are trying to copy data from a CD and copy
these files to your hard drive. If that is the case, you really don't need
to use Windows Media Player to rip or burn this data. All you need to do is
open the CD  from its icon on the desktop, and highlight the files you want
to copy, and press Control + C to copy to the clipboard. Then switch to the
folder on your hard drive where you want to save copies of these files and
press Control + V to put them in that folder.

You would only use the burn option when ripping music from a music CD to
your hard drive, but if these are just data files, All you need to do is
copy and paste from the CD to your hard drive.

Alan

Judith wrote:
I got a CD of data that I need and tried installing it last night but
Windows media player wouldn't burn it into the program.  I did everything I
was supposed
to do and heard the tab ask if I wanted to rip, burn etc.  Any ideas on how
I can accomplish this?  Thanks, Judith