Re: instalation of Windows to new drive

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:15:40 -0600

Well, this is what I'm trying to do.  I'm replacing my 20Gb hard drive with
a 300Gb drive.  Unfortunately, I can't back anything up to CD right now
because my burner's on the blink.  I've already made a slave drive out of
the original 20Gb drive I had; and, it is now formatted.  Any chance I could
use the back up utility to put the Windows XP OS on to that slave drive and
then remove the drive I'm now using as my master and then set the jumper on
my new drive to cable detect (which is what Dell requires)?

Sincerely Yours,

The Constantly BAREFOOTED
Ray

Home Phone And Fax:  (985)853-0139