Re: information bubbles and jaws?

  • From: "G-Dog" <lucifur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:42:16 -0600

HI,  I found some instructions in my jfw folder that may be of help in this
matter.  I have not tried this out myself:

Here is how to increase the time balloon tips stay on your computer.

This includes making a .reg file and includes a script to quickly click on
a balloon tip with a keystroke in XP.

Note the script was created by Blake Sinnett.

Copy the below in note pad and save it.  Now find the file you just created
and rename it to "changeballoontime.reg: and enter on it and say yes when
prompted if you want to add the information to your registry.

Copy what is between start copying and end copying; but do not copy the
words start copying and end copying.

After this, you can insert the script below the reg key instructions into
your default script manager for a hot key to click on balloon tips quickly.

start copying

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify]

"BalloonTip"=dword:0000000a

end copying

Script file below:

script for clicking help balloons in Windows XP by Blake Sinnett

If you copy the following script into your default script manager you can
quickly click on a balloon tip before it disappears.

1.  Open your script manager by hitting insert + 0, thin hit
shift+control+D to open the default script manager.

2.  Do a control + end to go to the end of the default scripts and hit
enter a couple of time to make a couple of blank lines after the last
script.

3.  Copy the below script and paste it into the default script manager at
the end where you just made the two blank lines.

4. make sure you are in the script you just pasted with the arrow keys.

5.  Hit control + D and you will land on a page to enter information.  The
first thing you will see is the script name, which will already be in the
edit field, leave this name as is.

6. Tab to can be attached to key and make sure it is checked

7. Tab to synopsis and enter a description such as click on balloon tips.

8.  Tab to description and enter the same thing you did for the synopsis
field, when you use keyboard help with insert + 1 and hit the key
combination you assign it will announce what you put here.

9. Tab again and it will say category, do not do anything to this; leave it
as is.

10.  Tab to assign to and type in the key combination you want to use,
(note use a key not already in use by jaws), I use windows key + B.
Therefore, I would hit the windows key and the letter B at the same time to
tell the script manager that is the key I want to use for this script.

11. Tab to OK and hit the space bar.

12.  Now you will be back in the list of scripts.  Your script will be
named ClickHelpBalloon (), so arrow down so your in the body of that script
and hit control + S to compile the script and then hit alt + F4 to exit the
script manager.

Now when a balloon tip pops up you can hit the windows key + B and it will
click on the balloon tip for you before it can disappear.

Below is a link to download the script in a text file which is best since I
don't know if your E-mail client will mess up the lines of the scrips.
However incase you can not download the text file for some reason I have
included it below.  If you can right click on the link and choose save as
to save the text file since if you just click on the link it will open
instead of download, which is OK; just select all and copy if this is the
case.

1. go to

http://dl.50webs.org/scripts/balloon.txt

 and select all the script by pressing ctrl+a and copy to your clipboard.

2. press JawsKey+0 (on the number row) and press ctrl+shift+d to open the

default.jss file. press ctrl+end to get your cursor to the

end of the file, made sure you make a blank line before pasting the script.

The script is below.  Copy only what is between start copying script and
end copying; leaving out the words start copying script and end copying:

Start copying script

Script ClickHelpBalloon ()

Var

String SClass, ; The name of the window class.

String SName, ; The name of the window.

Handle HWND ; The handle of the current window.

Let SClass = GetWindowClass (GetFirstWindow (FindTopLevelWindow

("Shell_TrayWnd",  "")))

Let SName = GetWindowName (GetFirstWindow (FindTopLevelWindow

("Shell_TrayWnd",  "")))

Let HWND = GetFocus ()

GetFocus ()

If SClass == "tooltips_class32"

& SName != "" then ; Click the balloon.

SayFormattedMessage (OT_NO_Disable, "Clicked help balloon.", "Clicked.")

SetFocus (GetFirstWindow (FindTopLevelWindow ("Shell_TrayWnd",  "")))

SaveCursor ()

RouteJAWSToPc ()

RoutePcToJAWS ()

{LeftMouseButton}

SetFocus (HWND) ; Return the focus to its previous window.

Else

if SClass != "tooltips_class32"

|| SName == "" then ; State that a help balloon wasn't found.

SayFormattedMessage (OT_No_Disable, "Help balloon not found.", "Not
found.")

EndIf

EndIf

EndScript