Re: information bar

I was having the same issue, but sometimes pressing alt+n doesn't work, I just
get an okay button and a couple other choices in the dialog--do not show this
again checkbox, and learn about the information bar, which takes me to IE Help
and outlines examples of Web sites where this popup occurs.  These include
downloading activeX controls or plugins to play a stream, etc.  Jaws doesn't
read the information bar for the specific site I'm trying to open.  Has anyone
else found alt+n ineffective?
Sometimes when I open a site where Flash player is required, I get a crash and
error report dialog.  See this site:
http://myflock2.com/cgi-bin/notes_list.pl?churchid=church3406
When I select a recorded service to play, I get a crash and "send error report"
message.  Anyone know what IE settings will take care of this?
By the way, I recently experienced a crashed version of Windows on my old hard
drive and had to change drives and ionstall a new version of Windows.  Before
the crash I could go to IE's favorites with control-shift-i, but that doesn't
seem to work anymore with this new version of XP Pro on the new drive.  I can
still use alt-a, but can only use first-letter navigation to go to the favorite
site I want.  With control-shift-i I can start typing the name of a favorite
site and it will spell out what I'm trying to find, but now that keystroke
isn't working anymore.  What IE settings can I change to enable that keystroke
again?  Is this a Jaws or IE issue?  When my new drive was set up, I got Jaws
9.0 on my system, and I don't have the authorization number for activating one
of the later versions.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions