Re: how to stop jaws from saying subject line twice

  • From: "david the wild-thing" <d.h.whitehead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 05:47:06 -0500

Here is the fix.  You need to go into script manager while in Outlook
Express.

This was from Debbie Scales...

As always be sure to backup your outlook express5-6.JSS before making the
change.
Here is the change you need to make.
While in OE Press insert 0.
Press control F for find.  This is an event and probably won't be in the
script list.
So press control F for find and type in focuschanged.  All one word.  Now
you
want to change one line in focuschanged. I would just comment it out with a
semicolon. The line is pretty far down.  So you might even want to do a find
for the line.
But the line you want to change in focuschanged is
Say (GetWindowName (AppWindow), OT_NO_DISABLE)

You want that to say:

Say(GetWindowName(AppWindow), OT_DOCUMENT_NAME)

I just commented out the original line with the semicolon  and inserted the
new line in a blank space right below it.