Re: how to find your place in a large document

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:02:30 +0000

I always use Notepad's find as Jaws find doesn't work for me. You can get to find through the Edit menu or by pressing control and F. After typing in what you want and pressing entre, you will need to press escape to be placed in the document on the found word. You can also use other find options in notepad such as find and replace.

At 19:29 03/01/2007, you wrote:
Hi All

I am reading a book that was scanned in.  I downloaded it in zip format.  It
was opened in notepad.

Now, my question:

No way that I can read all 216 pages in one session!

What method can I use to find my place?

If I type a new word at my current location and try the "find command", it
does not work.

Hope somebody can help or have another suggestion.

Renette

___________________________________________________________ Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html