Re: highlight text in Microsoft Word

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:10:55 -0700

Well, you learn something new every day.  In case Anna's directions are too
cryptic, this feature requires you to access a toolbar.  To access toolbar,
hit the alt key as if to activate the menu bar, then hit control+tab to
access the first toolbar.  On my system using Word xp, the toolbar you want
is the formatting toolbar, and that is the second one, requiring a second
press of control+tab until you hear 'styles and formatting.'  Once you do,
right arrow all the way across to the list for highlight, then down arrow
to open the list.  The list on my system was in multiple columns, so some
left and right arrowing is possibly required to pick the color.

Thanks to Anna for pointing this out, I felt perhaps more clarification was
useful, and I hope it was.

Dean