had to give up testing JAWS 11 beta

  • From: "Ray Foret jr" <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:16:55 -0500

Hi,

Y'all may remember a little while back I had major focus issues with Windows
Mail and file lists involving JAWS build number 10.0.1154.  Those issues
have been resolved for build 10.0.1154.  With the first beta of JAWS 11,
(build 11.0.634), stability seemed to have been retained and no focus issues
evident.  However, when I upgraded to beta build 11.0.536, the focus issues
returned.  Removing JAWS 11 and all settings along with the entire JAWS 11
folder and re-installing from the beta download of 11.0.536 did not help the
issue; despite the fact that I did it 5 times.
    If JAWS 11 had some real improvements to it, I could maybe see
continuing on with the effort to test it and buy the final release; but, as
it stands now, I just cannot justify carrying on with the beta testing; that
is, unless I get a totally clean install of Windows 7 to a brand new hard
drive and then maybe I'll think about it.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

"Old friend, what are you looking for?  After those many years abroad you
come With images you tended Under foreign skies Far away from your own land"
George Seferis

Phone or Fax::
+1 (985) 360-3614
Cell: