Re: google tool bar?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:45:24 -0700

No, Jim,  guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough.  When I first
installed Windows XP, I did try the newer arrangement.  But I couldn't make
sense of it, even though partisans like you say that you find it more
navigable or something.  I never had any problems to begin with, using the
traditional thing I'm referring to as the start menu (I don't want to try to
figure out why you're now calling only one version of this the start menu,
and the older version something else, just believe me that I'm talking about
the older model, please).

So it works for me, and I didn't want to deal with the learning curve for
the new arrangement.  I'm very handy with all this stuff exactly as it is,
so there's no problem.  And yes, to make sure we're not arguing and getting
hostile for no good reason, I suppose I have to end with the usual cheerful
bromide "The great thing about Windows is that there are lots of ways to
accomplish the same thing."  Okay (laughing).

Yours diplomatically.