getting the time and date with one press of insert f12

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:36:31 -0500

Hi folks, I'm pretty sure this is a scripting issue, and I've never been able to wrapp my mind around the scripting language, all accept for code that I've gotten from other folks and put to use myself. But like the subject line says, I've noticed that other screenreaders give you the time and date with one press of a hot key. With JAWS, you have to press insert f12 twice to do this. So, is there a script, or some other type of modification I can make so that JAWS will say, 1:32 PM on August 27th, 2007? Note the time I gave is my current time just as an example. I'm pretty sure this can be done, but I've never understood why JAWS doesn't do this too.

                        Thanks for any help.