Re: getting jaws to come up talking.

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:28:29 -0700

Hi Dave,

Are you sure this is something Curtis doesn't know? I mean, that he simply
doesn't know this basic thing of how to set Jaws to come up speaking? I
thought Curtis was saying he was familiar with the normal stuff, like this,
and that for some reason it was not working! At least that's what I derived
from his earlier message. He's a pretty experienced computer person with
many such things, whom I've seen on other lists, and I didn't get the
impression that Open Book was simply new to him and he didn't know how to
make the basic settings.

Maybe I'm wrong and he's a total Open Book newbie? But you're not the only
person who has offered him this basic Open Book setup advice. So I'll be
curious to see if that's all he needed. I didn't think so. I thought
something was actually malfunctioning, and that's what he was trying to
diagnose. I may be wrong, of course.