freedom box and jfw

  • From: "Gery Gaubert" <gerygaubert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:28:43 -0500

If you all think prices for jaws is high, check out the prices to get
the freedom box setup.  I support about 300 end users and their product
allows you to control computers much in the same way that pc any where
or vnc does.  For the setup it would cost me about $25 thousand that's
right, no typo there.  While the remote access provided by freedom
scientific is great it has limitations.  For the life of me I can't
figure out why fs and even gw micro can't offer blind users something to
access other computers that is based on either vnc or pc anywhere.  Vnc
and pc anywhere are the 2 most used programs by sighted computer users
to remotely control servers and pc's.  I say I don't know why but after
thinking about it really do know.  Money and ignorance probably play a
large part of the reason.

Gery Gaubert
St. Charles Sheriff's Office Helpdesk Coordinator