floating tool bars in word

  • From: "Alicia" <astarner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:01:08 -0500

Hello, Everyone:

What are floating tool bars and can floating tool bars cause JAWS to skip over
text within a document when arrowing up and down with the arrow keys. I was
told that they could interfere and to shut them off or "doc them". What does
doc them mean? This person who is telling me all of this is not doing a good
job of helping me fix the problem at hand. He is confusing me more and more. I
am using JAWS 7.0 and Word 2003 and when I open a document and try to arrow
down through the document it does not read all the text that is on the screen.
If I then place JAWS in a say all with insert A it reads everything on the
screen without the blanks and such as when I am arrowing. How can I fix this so
I can arrow up and down through a document line by line to read the text.

Thanks,

A very confused Alicia