From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kane Brolin
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:36 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: flash movie

Judith,

Not being a programmer or Web designer, I'm pretty sure my answer will
be incomplete.  But I see this a lot as well.

Usually the "flash movie" consists of some video content on the screen
that does not concern us.  Some Web sites require the use of Adobe
Flash Player, a program which used to be known as Macromedia
Shockwave, for the page to fully load.  Usually, I find that this does
not affect us as blind PC users; but occasionally that Flash content
can include sound as well as images.

In my professional work I sometimes am required to go through online
continuing education modules and then to take tests afterward to rate
my facility with the material.  In those cases an Adobe Flash Player
is required, because to answer a multiple choice question I must click
on a button inside the Flash Player window that tells the program
whether I have selected Answer A, B, or C.  In some cases I can do
this just by highlighting the appropriate button with my Virtual PC
Cursor and pressing the Space bar.  Sometimes this does not work so
well.  But it is one of the uses for Flash that is employed by Web
site designers.

I'm sure someone else will tell us more about the true content of
these Flash Player frames, because there likely are visual components
JAWS will not recognize.

-Kane