Re: firefox and Jaws

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:13:07 -0800

Never mind the Amazon mobile site, I recommend.  It's really not adequate in
several ways.  Instead, try one of these(I'm copying from another message I
just posted).  One is an accidental discovery I made (the Borders
workaround) and the othe-- I forget.  Speak up and take credit.  I think
it's Michael G. Here are the two ideas:

If you've been following the thread, you may have seen that you don't have
to stumble around with the Jaws cursor.  Two options aside from the "access"
site:

1.  for a CD or a book, find it at borders.com and you'll wind up doing
business with Amazon, as you're accustomed to, without getting stuck.  Try
it and see what I mean.  Or
2.  On your Amazon page of search results, find the items you wish to
purchase in the normal way, arrowing up and down the list with virtual
cursor on, then turn off the virtual cursor with Insert V,:pull down the
Insert F7 links list, find the item by pressing the first letter of its name
until you come to it, press Enter.  Things should be okay from there.  It
seems to be just that search results page that's a problem.