Re: findingout the version of jaws I have

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:38:30 -0700

Ah, that isn't what you said.  You said you went to the jaws folder on your
desktop and then pressed that key combo.  You seem to have meant that you
launched Jaws-- whether this was by clicking on its icon on your desktop,
using a hotkey, or another way isn't the point-- and then, once the program
was running, you pressed those keys and it spoke that information.

There wasn't any need to explain that you launched Jaws, or how you launched
it.  In fact, wasn't it running already?  Or don't you use Jaws all the time
while e you're at your computer?  Let me see if just pressing that keystroke
in any open application will tell me the Jaws version...
No.  If I do it right now, while I'm writing this email, and Jaws is
certainly running, Insert control V still tells me the version of Windows
that's running my computer, just as it did on my desktop.  I must be
misunderstanding something.

Is there anyone here who can rephrase this idea so I can try it again?
Let's say you have jaws running already, as most of us do   where should you
be when you press Insert Control V expecting to hear your Jaws version?  In
any open application?  Or maybe with the Jaws interface onscreen, put up by
pressing Insert J?  Or...?

thanks.