file upload edit and jaws 8

  • From: "Slade Sellers" <sladesell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:28:52 -0600

Hey,
This may sound a tad odd coming from a visually impaired person however I do
like Television.  Since I'm unable to read the cable box menu that is displayed
on screen I discovered TiVo has an online channel menu that is very jaws
accessible.  Its web based so that helps however when moving through the site
the words, file upload edit, are said over and over.  So much it drives me back
to jaws 7 were jaws doesn't do this.  But if I need to use the combo box well
jaws 7 doesn't read the items in the combo box.

Guess my question is how do I have jaws 8 not speak, file upload edit, after
every move?  And what does file upload edit mean anyway?
Slade