Re: excel

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:45:27 -0600

Under 'save as,' select either CSV (comma delimited text) or txt, tab
delimited.  I prefer CSV because it separates the columns with commas,
which are visible.  So if you have a blank cell, you can tell it.  With
tab-delimited text, it's sometimes hard to tell if there was a blank
cell.  Maybe in this case it doesn't matter.  I'm quite sure you can also
export Excel to a Word table; but it has been my experience that JFW
doesn't read exported/imported documents well at all.  Maybe even not at all.