Re: email needs verification?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:14:24 -0800

hi guys,

it's not mysterious, and it's not a hoax or anything like that.  If you just
hit reply and then arrow down in the message to see the full headers, you'll
see her address is related to an access technology group, and that the message
was distributed through the list.  She has to be a subscriber, even if she is
either new or a lurker so that she hasn't been visible until now.  I'd say just
reply and don't worry about it, and her spam program will put you on the
allowed list so she can receive your JFW List postings.

Believe me, I've been put through some real hell with very badly designed
filters of this sort, ones that use that graphic code blockade, what are the
initials or the acronym, "captcha" or something?  Anyway, this is no hassle at
all, by comparison.  And it's not fishing or spamming or whatever, either.