Re: easiest way to upgrade from AVG 7.5 to 8.0

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 11:33:50 -0700

jerry,
Oh my gosh. Nothing like that happened to me. Someone on this list provided
the link to a download site for AVG Free Edition V. 8, and I chose one of
the options for which site to get it from, and downloaded it. Can anyone
here remember where this was? Don't worry. It won't be that big a hassle!

Also, some people here will insist you uninstall Version 7.5 yourself first
before installing Version 8. If that would make you feel more secure, and
you know how to use the Windows tool called Add/Remove program (start
menu/settings/control panel\add-remove program) then do it. But when you
install Version 8, it detects the presence of the earlier version on your PC
and deletes it without your help. And so far as I know, it does this
properly. I checked the Add/Remove programs list and the earlier version is
gone, and if there's some mysterious trace of it left behind, which is what
some people believe might happen, I wouldn't know. But everything seems to
be working just fine.

Good luck. I hope someone can give you a link to the download. Of course you
can just go to avg.com and look for it, but I had a heck of a time finding
the download link for version 8 among the clutter on that site, as did a lot
of other people. So I hope someone provides a more direct link for you to
use.