Re: double messages

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:18:49 -0500

For your information. The following site attempts to explain why messages are
sent twice and gives instructions on how to set up Outlook Express. I don't
know if this is going to work. However, in the settings suggested, I would keep
include message in reply checked and I would avoid any indentation. Here is the
site as well as its first two paragraphs, if interested:
http://www.vigay.com/oe/
Quote:
Setting up Outlook Express
What's wrong with Outlook Express then?
Because Microsoft incorrectly assume that everyone is using their own software
(called Outlook Express) they have defined the default preferences to be rather
wasteful of time and resources, mainly so that emails can look pretty to other
Outlook users. To do this, they send a duplicate copy of each email message as
an HTML attachment (which is automatically recognised by another user using
Outlook). This results in each message effectively being sent twice and will
result in more expensive phone calls, especially when sending large emails.
If you use Outlook Express to send many emails, over time this will have quite
a dramatic effect on your phone bill, so it's advisable to set it up correctly
- which will also please the people you're sending emails to because they won't
receive a duplicate copy as an wasteful attachment.
End quote.
Best regards,
Adam