Re: deleting folders

Dave, I did create them and I did get rid of them.  Thanks, Judith
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dave-d0619
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 9:23 PM
  Subject: Re: deleting folders

  Hello Judith:

  Unless you created the folders yourself, It is unlikely that you will be able
to delete folders that are created by the programmers.  They are created for a
purpose.

  It is not relevant to the programmers as to whether you use them or not.  So
why don't you just accept that they have to be there and ignore them.  What is
the big deal?

  If you could delete them, you could make the program not function properly or
not at all!

  Some programmers are smart enough to foresee that users, like you, might want
to delete default folders that are essential for the correct operation of the
program.

  So, during the start up of a program, program routines check to make sure
that everything is present and correct for the program to function properly.
If a default folder is missing, the program might run but not function
properly, not run at all or, the program recreates the deleted folder, in order
to make sure that everything is present and correct.

  So, you will have gone to all of the trouble of deleting the folder for
nothing.

  Sincerely:

  Dave Durber