Re: deleting deleted messages

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:42:38 -0800

Judith,
Glad that method is comfortable for you.  Personally, I appreciated learning
two other methods, as well.  The one where, with your cursor on the Deleted
Items folder in the folder view of Outlook Express, you open the Context
menu )with the context menu key at the immediate left of the right control
key) and press Enter on the clean up Deleted Items folder command.

the other one, even swifter, is the suggestion to use the Edit menu, which
I'd never noticed contained a command for cleaning up the deleted items
folder.  what I'm referring to is the Alt, E, Y key sequence that Louana
recommended.  (alt takes you to the menu bar, E opens the Edit menu, and Y
is the single key that will click on that option).nu,nu

Judith, I'd say the advantage of using these "official" methods instead of
just deleting the files would be that you're always presented with a
confirmation dialogue to be sure that you want to do this.  If you don't
care about this safeguard, and don't find it particularly irksome to just go
to the deleted items folder, tab into it and delete the files, fine.  Just
mentioning the others, because I'm glad to have learned them as opposed to
the awkward deal I described with the Tools/Options menu.
Daniel