Re: couple of questions about authorization keys

  • From: "Chris Chaffin" <chaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:52:34 -0500

Hi Troy,

According to Freedom Scientific, the internet authorization is still being
worked on, and no information has been released to let us know when the new
authorization
scheme will be implemented.  Also, we won't know exactly how the internet
authorization will work until its development is completed.

The new internet authorization should not effect the running of any past
versions of Jaws upon its implementation.  I would assume that the new
internet
authorization would be for versions of Jaws from its implementation and
forward.

You asked if the new authorization would affect you?  Well, if you have a
SMA, and you keep your versions of Jaws current, then I don't believe you
will
be affected.  I am assuming that Freedom Scientific will implement the new
authorization with the release of a new version of Jaws just as they did
before.
 Whether we will all have to switch to the new internet authorization, or
whether we will have a choice, Freedom Scientific has not yet shared that
information
with us.  I hope I have answered your questions.  Sorry, I could not be of
more help.

Chris Chaffin