couple of questions about authorization keys

  • From: "Troy Sullivan" <sullidog_2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:00:49 -0500

Hi all. I have a couple of questions about authorization keys:
1. Does a key have an expiration date? The reason I ask this is because when
I had jaws running on an older system every 4 years I had to put on a new
key because it told me that the other one had expired, but someone told me
that they run indeffinetly.
2. When I run out of free upgrades and I decide to purchase jaws along with
a new SMA, do I also need to purchase a new set of keys? Also one more
question I just thought of. I notice when reinstalling jaws like for example
yesterday I did a full clean install removing the key and all. My autho disk
came with jaws4.0 and I wanted to install it on 5.0, but it wouldn't let me
until I ran the conversion program. Is this normal?
Thanks!
Troy