Re: control shift I in outlook

  • From: "Debbie Kessler" <jessesgirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:25:25 -0700

Sometimes, I find Outlook and Outlook Express confusing because they are so
similar and not the same.
Now, I am trying to recall, is there a way to have JAWS speak the shortcut
letter, or underlined letter for items in either the drop down menus or buttons
and fields in dialog boxes? For example when in the find dialog box, I want to
go directly to the subject field by using alt plus a letter, rather than having
to tab to the subject field. I already know that the key is alt U but what if I
don't know this?

As for Outlook Express
Here are some keys for those most commonly used features.
ctrl shift I will take you to the inbox if your focus is already in the folders.
ctrl shift F brings up the find dialog box where you can type in a subject line
to get or delete a subject. It doesn't matter if the focus is in the folders
or list but the search is conducted with in that list only.
ctrl shift V will open the move dialog box where you can move messages to. Just
have the focus on the message or messages in the list. You don't want the
message open when moving it.
ctrl R and ctrl F are for reply and forward respectively when you have a
message open.
Debbie & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx