Re: control alt j

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 06:23:33 -0500

Hi, Francis.

First, I can't tell from your description if you've tried to set up the JAWS hotkey. Let the list know so that people can determine which instructions to give you.

Second, you don't need to go into WindowEyes to start JAWS the way you're doing now. Skip the WindowEyes step, go to start and press the keys you've been doing from there. True, you won't get verbal confirmation, but it shouldn't be needed.

Third, I see that your message came from your own email account. That tells me your service provider does have you connected to the Internet in some way. Have you tried opening Internet Explorer by going to start, then p for programs, then I? If the first press of i doesn't get JAWS to speak Internet Explorer but some other program, press i again, and more often if need be, until JAWS says Internet Explorer. Press enter and wait a few seconds. IE should come up.

----- Original Message ----- From: "francis rwama" <francisrwama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi there, I am running jaws 7.1 on my lap top however once I shut down jaws,
I can not get it back with the control alt j instead I  have to use window
eyes by going to start, programs the j for jaws, then I shut down window
eyes and I am then able to run jaws as normal.
I am also having problem in customizing my ie7 my provider is
blueyonder.co.uk but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to enter them so I can not go on the internet