connecting to network

  • From: Tony Santiago <tsantiago128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:11:16 -0500

hi guys, I have a small networkin my home, connecting 3 computers to the
internet and to a printer. I also use it to transfer files between the 3
machines. I'm running Windows XP, SP2 Home Edition with jaws 6.2 on 2 machines
and jaws 8.0 demo on 1. The problem is, when I am connected to the network,
jaws gets screwed up, It won't read the taskbar while on the desktop, while in
the system tray, jaws says "no selected items," while in a list view, jaws will
announce the items as I arrow, but when I do a say word or a say line, jaws
says "blank." I know that it has something to do with the network, because i
disconnected from the network, and jaws was just fine. Could there have been
something I missed during the network setup? I'd like to know if anyone has
noticed this type of behavior or if anyone knows what could be causing it.
Thank you very much for any replies.
Tony