RE: computer is hesitant

  • From: "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:26:14 -0500

Hi Joseph,

Do you know, in a process of elimination, how I would go about finding the
faulty program?

Thanks,
Roger

Hi there,
Sounds like a memory leak--where a program
fails to release RAM after it has finished
with it.  This sometimes happens, and the
only way to exit this dilema is to uninstall
the offending program (too many anti-spyware
programs may slow your computer; one is
fine).
Cheers,
Joseph

>Hello Everyone,

>Last week I asked if there was anyone who
could suggest a good spyware
>program that was friendly with jaws.  I did
install a couple of programs.
>Spybot and Windows defender.  I thought that
my computer was running better
>until Tuesday.  I’m really getting aggravated
with the Hesitance of my
>keystrokes.  I can press 7 keys and it will
hesitate horribly.  Not only that,
>but when I go from open program to open
program, it takes a while to switch.
>I usually don’t have any more then 2 programs
open at once.  It’s really
>getting bad.  I had to reboot my computer a
couple of times to write these
>two emails.

>And now that I have installed Jaws 8 point o,
it seems as if it is worse.
>The confusing thing about the whole situation
is, after I reboot, it is fine
>for a little while.  But then it starts to
slow down gradually.

> I’m running XP home; I have 512 Megs of ram,
a Pentium 4 processor, and
>still have 16 GB left on my hard drive.

>Is there anyone who can suggest how to
resolve this problem?