Re: commands to choose more than one item on a displayed list

  • From: "Lic. Esperanza Villafuerte" <esperanza.villafuerte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:19:21 -0500

ops!
whenever I arrow up or donw, holding down the control key, JAWS don't read the
items.
thanks for answering.
Esperanza Villafuerte

  From: "Lic. Esperanza Villafuerte" <esperanza.villafuerte@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: commands to chose more than one item on a displayed or extendable
list
  Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:17:00 -0500

  Hello all!,
  please help me regarding this subject.
  I use JAWS 8 and whenever I browsed web pages to fill out some information,
appears a displayed or extendable list, with the instruction which says:
  "please maintain control key pressed to chose more than one item here", but
following this instruction I couldn't chose a second item without modify my
first choice.
  does anyone experienced the same?
  can one of you chose more than one item on a displayed or extendable list
without sighted help?
  if yes...
  which commands are you using to get it?
  Thanks a lot in advance!
  Esperanza Villafuerte

  ------------------------------

  From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: MS Word Question
  Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 21:41:28 -0600

  MessageDo a find/replace with control H as in hotel. in the find field, type
^t. That ^ is shift 6.
  Tab to the replace field and type nothing, meaning leave it blank.
  Tab to replace and space bar on the button. Jaws will announce how many
replacements were made. You might repeat a few times.
  Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 22:06:27 -0700
  From: Lovette Yewchan <lyewchan@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: ITunes

  ------------------------------

  Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:15:55 +0100
  From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Can I just add that you might want to replace each tab with a space,
  otherwise you might get two words that were originally separated with a
  tab changing into one word? You can then do another find and replace to
  find double spaces with single ones.

  Steve

  Do you happen to know how to remove tabs that someone has
  formatted into one of their word documents? I selected the entire text,
  hit alt+o to get into my format menu, i then went to paragraph and went
  down to the tabs button and clicked on it. there is a button that says
  clear all but it doesn't clear anything, do you know how to remove these
  tabs from the document. Tabs might be able to assist the sighted reader
  but all they do is make my document longer.
  Take care,
  John

  Click here
  <https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
  tnPkr2BE9pgubL1lAiC4qKajvR1eqWyyW3dcNZBvQFKuzA==>  to report this email
  as spam.

  --
  DISCLAIMER:

  and any attachments from your system.