Re: combo boxes

  • From: "Steve Britt" <swimmer953@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 04:31:27 -0500

Hi, Jed.
These are some instructions I sent to the list a few days ago. I think
they'll work in Win XP as well.

There is a fix that Freedom Scientific has issued to solve this problem. To
implement the fix, you need to edit a configuration file with Notepad.
First, it would be a good idea to make a backup copy of
c:\jaws50\settings\enu\internet explorer 5-6.jcf so that if you make a
mistake in your edits, you can get the original back.
Now for the editing instructions:
Go into Notepad, and open the file called c:\jaws50\settings\enu\internet
explorer 5-6.jcf. Once opened, arrow down until you hear "bracket o s m
closed bracket." After you hear this, keep arrowing down because you're
going to go to the end of this section to add a line. Now keep arrowing down
until you hear "bracket braille closed bracket." Now you need to add the
following line, and add it exactly as I present it here:
IgnoreTransparentSpaces=1
Hit enter at the end of this line.
This line needs to appear just before the bracket BRAILLE line. Now do an
alt-f and arrow down until you hear "save" and hit enter.
Do an alt-f4 and this should take you out of Notepad.
Now, restart your computer and the combo box problem should be fixed.
Hope this helps.